Tuesday, March 08, 2005

My new best friend, Tyler


fctyler (11)
Originally uploaded by recyclingfan.
I'm showing Fight Club in postmodern political film later this semester. I downloaded the script - wow! lots of great lines. I'd have to say this competes with Big Lebowski, only not as funny. Having a friend like Tyler would really come in handy, especially considering some of the a-holes I have had to deal with in academia.

Quotes


“A generation of men raised by women: I’m wondering if another woman is the answer we really need.” Jack.

“Marla doesn’t need a lover, she needs a case worker.” Jack.

"I haven't been fucked like that since grade school." Marla

“I reject the basic assumptions of civilization, including material possessions.” Tyler.

“Fuck damnation. Fuck redemption. We are God’s unwanted children, with no special place and no special attention, and so be it.” Tyler.

“We are the middle children of history, with no purpose or place. We have no great war, or great depression. The great war is a spiritual war. The great depression is our lives…and we’re very, very, pissed off.”

“You are not your job. Your are not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the shoes you wear. You are not the contents of your wallet.” Tyler.

“Why are you going with this, IKEA boy?”

No comments: