Tuesday, May 18, 2010

transcript of Katie Couric Sarah Palin interview: newspapaer and magazine questions


I thought Katie Couric's question to Sarah Palin was really shallow, but I was wrong - below is transcript, sounds like a legit question. Sarah just has a habit of blowing off questions with vague responses, I think she has gotten a pass before, but the national media is more demanding. "All of 'em" really isn't an answer. and Sarah was a communications major, and local TV "news" celebrity before she entered politics, so she should have known better.

Katie Couric: And when it comes to establishing your worldview, I was curious: what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this to stay informed and to understand the world?
Sarah Palin: I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media. KC: But, like, what ones specifically? I'm curious. SP: All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years. KC: Can you name a few? SP: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news too. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where, it's kind of suggested and it seems like, 'Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C. may be thinking and doing when you live up there in Alaska?' Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America.

No comments: