Saturday, July 09, 2005

apres vous


apres vous
Originally uploaded by recyclingfan.
What a cute film! I laughed hard, and long, four times, and I entered the theater in one of my dark, tense, anxious moods. So if this movie can make me laugh, it must be a good comedy. Antoine is a Sommelier, or a waiter who is also a wine expert and helps customers select wine. He sees Louis commiting suicide in a park, saves him, takes him home, and tries to help him recover from losing his girlfriend. Antoine secretly contacts the girlfriend, but, you guessed it, Antoine falls in love with her. Antoine also gets Louis a job at his restaurant as a Sommelier, with funny results. There is a happy ending. The music is fantastic: check out Papa Tango Charly, by Camille Bazbaz (find it with LimeWire). Great song! Infectious! I wish I could speak french. There is also great scenes of Paris, and a trip to a small village next to the ocean - beautiful. I must get to Paris. I have been there twice and loved it - I felt at home even though I didnt know the language. I would order Vin Ruse and fromage and baguette - rose wine and cheese and bread. I was a college student so I could survive on that: the bread and cheese fit nicely in a backpack!

1 comment:

Noah said...

Sounds like a great film. You said the next time you us somewhere it would be by the beach so why don't you fly us to that french village by the ocean? Sounds like a good idea to me :)