Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Slippery Rock's Brew Pub


north country brewing
Originally uploaded by recyclingfan.
North Country Brewing is about to open for business, and I am waiting in anticipation. Slippery Rock is known for many things: beautiful campus, quiet town, modest people (students and residents) who lack pretensions,college profs who are dedicated to teaching (most of us - talk to me confidentially!). But it is grim here on the weekends (unless you are under 25 and single). So I am waiting for the opening of our first and only brew pub! I plan to hold some of my office hours there, in order to be more accessible to students (?!). This brew pub will do more to establish a distinct culture for SR than any business so far, with the possible exception of Java Cafe, our coffee shop that serves great coffee and sandwiches, and has a great staff. Check out North Country Brewing.

1 comment:

Noah said...

"Slippery Rock is known for many things.."

Really!?