Tuesday, May 03, 2005

tango cafe


tango cafe
Originally uploaded by recyclingfan.
It was raining and I didn't want to wait for my movie in the lobby of the squirrel hill cinema, so I ducked in a small cafe for a cup of coffee. What a surprise! It is the Tango Cafe, an Argentina cafe featuring deserts and sandwiches and the best coffee in pittsburgh. There are books inside about Argentina, there are alwasys latins talking spanish, and sometimes entertainment. I also read that sometimes they push the tables back and give tango lessons. Their sandwiches are great - they make their own bread and toast the sandwich - it is so good. They also have small meat rolls called empanados (sp?) kinda like a Argentina perogie for only $2 (but I am vegetarian and don't eat it, but customers rave about it.) There was an elderly lady there sunday who came in for her daily "fix" - one empanada. They also serve an Argentina health drink which I've heard you have to acquire a taste for.
http://www.tangocafepgh.com/

1 comment:

Noah said...

Wow that place sounds good, we have to go next time chika and I are up there.