Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cher in 1971 singing Oh Holy Night - oh my god....!


Each Christmas on the Letterman show Paul Schaffer gets to talk about, and sing, his favorite excerpt from the Sonny and cher Christmas special, featuring cher singing "oh holy night." Paul describes the setting, Cher in a victorian costume, her hands in a muff (this always gets a laugh), and then he does cher singing oh holy night - it is so funny. the funny thing is I remember it! This was cher during her gypsies tramps and ? period, and her voice was...ah....untrained I guess. here is the special, cher sings oh holy night about 4 min into it. and yes, I used to watch this: my friends bob beyer and bev groppe used to watch it in college, every week i was over to watch it with them. They would feed me. good friends. Really good friends.

No comments: