Tuesday, April 28, 2009

sleep deprivation


Last saturday I went to fitness center, ate lunch, and then laid down because I couldnt keep my eyes open. I slept for 3 hrs, had a hard time getting out of bed. I spent the weekend at home, housekeeping duties. Last night I fought with my book chapter and computer (electricity is out on campus, I had to bring printer home) finally got a draft version done 3 am. woke up at 7 am. I am stressed out over not hearing from the new york college i applied at - I thought it was a perfect match, and then I read that they have reopened the search. Bad sign. A reopened search will not find anyone out there that hasnt already expressed interest. I dont know whats going on but maybe this is a sign that I shouldnt have taken a job there. but another year in slippery rock? The electricity is still out on my end of campus, so I have to bring my CPU home with monitor, the finals exams are on that computer, and I have 150 students who need to find the new location for the final, but we cant contact them because there is no power, so we are relying on the old fashioned method of communication: hard copy. We have put signs up all over campus announcing the new location of my final. This should be another intense day. I need routine and normal sleep schedule.

1 comment:

Faezah Ismail said...

i know how you feel. just hang in there.