Friday, July 11, 2008

Mongol -The Movie !!!


I've got to see this film! Maybe saturday...Update: I saw it saturday night, but I arrived 30 min late - turns out, the east parkway had 3 lanes merging into 1 lane right at the sq hill exit, must be summer construction. anyway, the acting was amazing, the costumes incredible and the music also great. Everyone left at the end credits, but the treat at the end is the music: stay until the very end because the musical score is amazing. It was wide screen so the action scenes were absolutely great. My only disappointment was that the movie showed Khan's victory over other mongolian clans, that he united Mongolia. I was hoping to see his victories in the middle east, europa-asian empire, how he interacted politically with european races, how he united and extended a civilization over europe-asia. Especially his unification of Russia. Of course, his death and legacy were also not covered. Could there be a couple of sequels in the future? I mean, there were 3 godfather films, I think there should be 3 Mongol films. The theater was crowded, I arrived late, found a aisle seat, people around me were checking their email - !? - why to to a movie if you want to fool with email? Someone's cell phone went off....Really rude.

No comments: