Sunday, November 23, 2008

If you must eat Turkey, try to find a Kosher turkey.



Here is the Gov. Sarah palin interview, just after she pardoned the Alaska turkey, she goes outside for an interview, and behind her, is the guy who slaughters the turkeys. He puts them in this funnel, positions it and engages a automated slicing blade, and then holds it while is bleeds and empties all its blood the trough underneath -- you can see the turkey (the second one) shaking as it bleeds to death, the guy has to hold it down so it doesn't struggle.

My problem: look at how the camera person positions the interview so you can see the slaughter behind. Of course, sarah can't see it, because it is behind her. so she was kinda set up by the camera person.

Yeah, she prepare the family turkey, just like millions of women across the country. If you are vegetarian, I guess that's gross, but my point is the press really exploits her and sets her up.

BTW, animal rights activists said that the slaughter of the turkeys in the video is more humane than most slaughter houses. There are other videos about turkey abuse, some guy somewhere else grabbing and throwing turkeys in a cage, shoving them in. In contrast, these turkeys are being bled to death, but it can really get much worse in the big industrial slaughter houses.

I really do know Sarah Palin, she lives here in western PA. Since I know her I feel I can understand her. I really don't know Hillary Clinton, on the other hand (don't get me started).

BTW, I am doing a vegetarian thanksgiving. Here is a site that shows how turkeys are hatched, raised, and slaughtered.

I have no plans, maybe help out with the townships turkey meal (for elderly).

No comments: