Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lonesome Dove: widescreen on AMC


Captain Augustus McCrae is my favorite character from Lonesome Dove. Who is the Lonesome Dove? Lorena, the whore? I think so. Augustus loves her, in a fatherly way, he knows she is a beautiful dove. AMC just aired a widescreen TV version of the film. Was it ever widescreen before? I dont think so. anyway, great movie.

Robert Duvall is "Gus," and he really recreates the character from the book. I also like Joshua Deets, one of the characters in the book who is straightforward: he is a moral man, great courage, incorruptible. I liked it when Deets reappears from the "great perhaps" (as Gus calls it) and guides Pea Eye back to the herd.

And one thing that is obvious: Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones (Capt. Woodrow Call) are natural equestrians. You can tell that they have great horse riding skills

No comments: