Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My newer car


The mitsubishi diamante has been traded in...I now drive a 2003 toyota corolla. I found the car on the internet, in Fairfax VA, sold by an internet dealer Car Spectrum. They don't have a car lot; instead, they operate out of an office, and I had to make an appt to see the car (they drove it from their warehouse to the office space). I also got financing on the internet (they don't deal with banks, rather E- Loan). I combined a business trip to DC with the trade in. I wanted a 5 speed which is hard to find, and the optional power package (includes cruise). I am getting 37 mpg with the 5 speed. I am trying for 40 plus - I think its possible with the correct shifting. Its nice to once again have air conditioning, a working radio, a CD player that ejects without me holding onto the front cover, and no burglar alarm going off in the middle of the night.

No comments: