Saturday, February 23, 2008

fortune teller in Georgetown


So I was walking in georgetown after eating at an Ethiopian restaurant (I ate with my fingers, pulling bread apart and dipping the bread in all sorts of meats and seafood) and i saw a sign for a fortune teller. So I walked up 3 flights of stairs, and it was a woman's apartment. She came to the door, her young son was practicing the piano, and she sat me down in her front room and asked if I wanted my palm read, or have a tarot reading. So I went with Tarot. I was going to tell her that TS Eliot often had his tarot read, even though he was a religious catholic, but I figured that might give her information that she could use. She read my cards, and I purposely did not react to anything she said to prevent her from playing off my gestures. Her description of me was surprisingly accurate, although she said I was romantically involved with two women, which isnt true. She asked if i was divorced and she said sometimes divorced men feel that their exwife is really two different people...she has an explanation for everything I guess. Most surprising is that the first thing she said was that I was going to live a long time, and have a natural death. That surprised me. Anyway, it was a good experience, she seemed really nice. it was worth $25 to hear about my long natural life.....

No comments: