Sunday, February 10, 2008

"Once" - great film! A must see!


this movie is about a singer-songwriter who repairs vacuums with his dad, and an immigrant from Czech republic who sells flowers. but they are both very musical. And they both have a past love they are mourning, and they fall in love with each other. As they fall in love, or should I say as they play music and fall in love with each other, they finish his songs, she with lyrics, that reveal their past loves, and their current growing love for each other. The music is amazing!!! The young woman in the film is Markéta Irglová who never acted before, was 18 (or 17) yrs old when movie was made. the singer is Glen Hansard who is incredible. I am ordering the cd for movie even though the movie isnt over yet - I heard this is a heart breaker - I will blog when the movie is over. You have got to see this! Absolutely beautiful, wonderful - I dont want it to stop! Update: ending is not that much of a tearjerker, but it is really beautiful. I must get the soundtrack....

No comments: