Tuesday, April 19, 2005

blade runner


blade runner
Originally uploaded by recyclingfan.
I just saw the Director's Cut of Blade Runner. Harrison Ford tracks down 4 replicants - clones who are better than human, but are programmed to die in 4 years. The programmers give them a memory of youth, complete with pictures, to lead them to believe they are human, and have had a childhood. If this sounds cruel, devious, just wait for the ending. A very sad story. I thought too much action, fighting etc. I wanted more emotion - about what it must feel like to be invented, controlled by others, with no hope for escape. I also thought the audience should have felt more for the replicants - they are the victims - but they were presented as violent villians (all except one, that is!) Ok, great flick, I won't argue.

1 comment:

Noah said...

This is a great film! I agree with your comments it would be interestig to see more about the emotional state of the clone robots.