Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Touch - dance club in Pittsburgh


touch_frontpage_photo
Originally uploaded by recyclingfan.
I am in Pittsburgh, after a movie, I'm alone, so I want to have one drink, a martini, in what Hemingway calls "a clean well lighted place." I decide to drive to the strip district and have a drink at Lydia's, an italian restaurant with a bar that is not smokey. As I near the place, I notice a club with a zebra awning, with a bouncer outside, pulsating music. I look in: there are women (girls) in bikinis dancing on the bars, with fairy wings on like Tinkerbell (what a fantasy!) I overhear the bouncer say $6 cover. I figure why not? I go in and the place is amazing, so loud, lights flashing. I climb the balcony to get a better view (of the girls dancing) and decide not to get a drink - I didn't want to have to yell at the bartender, it was that loud. I am a great people observer - I like to people watch. So I am taking this in, and all of a sudden I hear, "Dr. Daniels what are you doing here?!" Yes, students from SRU. We won't divulge names. I came up with a quick reply: "My girlfriend dances here." They thought that was a riot. I left just after that. But what a place! the Ultimate dance club - with a fireplace in the balcony - Safari theme. And I was there early, about 10:00 - the clubs dont start grooving until midnight.

No comments: