Saturday, April 09, 2005

Peter Lorre

Peter Lorre might be best remembered for his roles in Casablanca and the Maltese Falcon, but his best role was as a child murderer in Fritz Lang's "M." Here is his filmography link. Some dialogue from Casablanca:

Ugarte: Heh, you know, watching you just now with the Deutsche Bank, one would think you've been doing this all your life.
Rick: Oh, what makes you think I haven't?
Ugarte: Oh, n-n-n-nothing, but when you first came to Casablanca, I thought...
Rick: You thought what?
Ugarte: Hm, what right do I have to think, huh?
Ugarte: You know, Rick, I have many a friend in Casablanca, but somehow, just because you despise me, you are the only one I trust.

And from the Maltese Falcon

Joel Cairo: You... you bungled it. You and your stupid attempt to buy it. Kemedov found out how valuable it was, no wonder we had such an easy time stealing it. You... you imbecile. You stupid fat-head you.
[cries]

He also appeared as the mysterious Mr. Kentaro Moto in the Mr. Moto series!

1 comment:

Noah said...

His one of my Favorite actors! I ahve to see those other films he is in.