Monday, April 25, 2005

Citizen Kane II

I am trying to get more info on a Saturday Night Live sketch on Citizen Kane. I FOUND THE TRANSCIPT ON INTERNET! Buck Henry was in it (I think he was host for that night) and the ending of Citizen Kane is different. Kane doesn't say "Rosebud," but "Roast Beef." He was trying to order a sandwich! They search back through Kane's life and discover that Kane once ordered a roast beef sandwich while working at the Chronicle - he and Mr. Leland were working and ordered out for lunch. I can't remember the whole sketch (I think Garrett Morris was the delivery "boy"). It was very creative, very funny - they nailed the acting and characters. I have purchased episodes of SNL for my classes: there is a video on the Clinton Impeachment - my favorite sketch is the Ladies Man re-enactment of the Starr Report (when Monica meets the Pres. and shows him his thong) - really funny. Then there is the take-off on "Cops" where the video tape records a police call on a domestic violence report at the Governor's mansion in Little Rock Arkansas - Bill is in the kitchen, with a black eye, and hillary is hiding in the pantry smoking a cigarette. "Some day she's gonna kill you - you that don't you Governor?" the cop asks. "Yeah, but I love her," replies. Very funny.

2 comments:

Noah said...

That SNL parody sounds great!

adamantius said...

"Rosebud... Henri... ...with mustard..."

Season One, Episode Ten, Buck Henry host.