Sunday, November 13, 2005

junior's juke joint blog


junior's juke joint blog
Originally uploaded by recyclingfan.
I dont know how I found this, but this blog is great. Its actually a web site not a blog. This guy visits juke joints in the mississippi Delta. He is white. He has an incredible guide to these blues bars. he explains the difference between a juke joint and a honky tonk. He interviews performers and guests. He also camps out in his "blues mobile." He is a fan of mississippi delta blues - his site is absolutely fascinating. I thought he was some university prof who is making this his study - but no, just some guy who loves the blues and the delta. His site is great - you can spend hours checking this out. I am sure that the music he listens to is amazing! I really enjoy the blues - not the eric clapton version, but the real blues (Light'n Hopkins!).

No comments: