Saturday, March 08, 2008

barnes and noble



I drove to pittsburgh in an ice storm to buy some books - barnes and noble in squirrel hill has the best collection of fiction in the city. I bought the novel Persepolis, about a young woman growing up in the islamic revolution in Iran: it is a comic strip novel, now made into an animated movie (which I havent seen yet, but it is definitely something I will buy and show in political film...if I am still here in the fall to teach political film). Also bought Candy Girl, a non fiction novel about Diablo Cody's experience as a stripper and sex worker - she also wrote the screen play for Juno (which i ordered from B&N online - I must read that script because it is so original, the dialogue so amazing). Thundercats are Go! Phukit, Thailand!

No comments: