Monday, March 03, 2008

Juno - perfect movie


I really enjoyed Juno - I liked her character, and i liked the dialogue. In fact, every character in the film is unique, incl mr and Mrs McGruff. I really couldnt tell how the movie would end until the end. Some viewers complain about the teenage slang but I think its great: I am not sure if teens talk that way, but the point for the screenwriter is to make dialogue that is unique, entertaining, memorable. I mean, do people really say "Phukit, Thailand?" Phukit. I like it. I also liked the music very minimalist. many reviews talk about the controversy over teen pregnancy: the pregnancy was the story line, what the story was about was love...the movie is about love...the love juno feels for her dad and step mom, for Paulie her boyfriend, and for the child within her. So go and see Juno, and make sure you see it with someone you love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i assumed Juno was directed by the same guy that directed Knocked Up, because it's about unexpected pregnancy and Michael Cera stars as Juno's boyfriend (he was in Superbad, a close relative of Knocked Up).