Saturday, March 08, 2008

Lost in Translation - great movie


I never "got" Lost in Translation, but Noah told me it was about different cultures and so forth...well I finally got it. Murray and Johannsen hit it off because they were both lonely and searching for happiness, and Japan was the right place for them to reflect upon their lives - it has just enough difference to allow 2 americans to reflect upon their lives "back home." So japan was a place that allowed them to reflect - and the scenes on the street in japan were great! the video shops, the scenes of Mt Fuji - I cant imagine living in japan and seeing Mr Fuji without being overwhelmed each time - what an incredible image. I must visit Japan soon. Perhaps I will meet my own Scarlett Johannsen! Great movie, you are right noah - absolutely great movie.

No comments: