Wednesday, June 25, 2008

El Orfanato: The Orphange


I am not one for horror films, but this one is amazing. One of the producers is Guillermo del Toro, who directed Pan's Labyrinth and Devil's Backbone. he is not the director for this movie, but you can feel his influence. Very complicated story, and the ending is very surprising, but there are hints throughout the film but you don't get it until the very end. Scary, frightening, beautiful, sad all in one. I thought it was over, such a sad movie, but then the film continued for another 3 minutes and the ending had a beautiful touch to it. On IMDB message board someone asked, will there be an english version made? Dear buddha, I hope not: this movie is perfect as is, I hope no one makes an "english" version, like all those japanese horror films made into english versions. This film comes from NetFlix, I dont know if you can rent it anywhere else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree! This movie is awesome. It can be seen online at Hulu.com. I highly recommend.